Exercise, Healing and Pain Management for All Injuries
Physiotherapy At ALIVA AESTHETICS
Physiotherapy is an important part of treatment for most people with arthritis. Our doctors are part of a team of healthcare professionals who help you to resume or maintain an active and independent life both at home and work. They’re experts in assessing movement and can also show you how to protect your joints. This Include advice and reassurance, help you to feel confident about managing your condition, address any concerns or uncertainties, set appropriate goals to keep you as active as possible.
Our physiotherapist will ask you about your current level of activity and any particular problems you’re having. They will also examine your joints to assess your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints. This will help them tailor a programmed treatments, exercises and activities to meet your individual needs.
The treatments includes:
- General advice on increasing your activity level, setting goals and finding the right balance between rest and activity
- Helping you avoid exercise-related injuries by advising on any equipment or training you may need if you’re starting a new activity
- A program of specific graded exercises to improve your fitness, strength, flexibility and mobility – which you can continue to do at home
- A course of aquatic therapy (sometimes called hydrotherapy) – exercises in a warm-water pool
- Advice on techniques and treatments to manage pain – including heat or ice packs, massage, and acupuncture
- Providing walking aids or splints to help maintain your mobility and independence.